The 16-foot skiff Burwood Callendars was skippered by Dennis Tanko who, up until the 1990-1991 season, had won eight Club Championships (St George and Georges River), six Australian Championships, four State Championships, 22 Inter-club Championships, one Champion of Champions Championship and five Association Fastest Time Point Scores in 16-foot skiffs.
Construction: fibreglass hull, aluminium thwarts, wooden gunwale
Length: 4.80m (15ft 9in)
Beam: 1.62m (5ft 4in)
Yendys, historic 18-footer
Rebuilt snub nosed, wide beam 18foot skiff.
Built in 1924 by Charles Hayes for Norm Blackman who raced Yendys very successfully with the Sydney Flying Squadron, with a crew up to 15, until the 1942/3 season.
Yendys is one of the few surviving examples of the ‘big beamers’, the wide bodied 18-footers, that raced on the harbour before 1933. After that date a new seven-foot beam type began to emerge.
The name Yendys is Sydney spelt backwards.
Donated to the Sydney Heritage Fleet by Mr J Allen of Rozelle in 1977 and restored by apprentices from Cockatoo Island between 1977 and 1983 under the supervision of Mr George McGoogan and Mr Russel Barton, courtesy of the Vickers Cockatoo Dockyard Ltd.
Length: 5.48m (18ft)
Beam: 2.22m (7ft 4in)
Depth: 0.68m (2ft 3 1/2in)